Saturday, February 14, 2009
Last week I installed a new thermostat in my house. You know, the programmable ones that help save you money on your energy bill. So anyway as I removed the original one, I seen there were two glass bulbs 1/2 full of mercury. I know we have all hear how dangerous Mercury can be.
So how to you properly dispose of these things... The first think I done was put the old thermostat in a ziploc plastic bag, then put it in a safe place. I didn't want the kids to damage it. To dispose of this you can take it to the next Local Hazardous Material collection at The Dalles Disposal. I will keep my ear open and post when the next day is scheduled.
Be safe, you never know when you may come across a hidden danger in your home. Protect yourselves, your family and your pets by properly disposing of hazardous items.
We are the Columbia River Gorge's Premier Inspection Company. If there is anything we can ever do to help you when buying or selling a home then check us out on the web @ www.thepremierinspector.com or give us a call Hood River, OR (541) 386-3968 or in The Dalles (541) 296-0102. We also perform Infrared Thermal Imaging and Home Energy Audits. Save Money, live more Green, have a more comfortable home, and add to your home's value.